We’ve all experienced poor customer service. Whether a salesperson ignored you when you came into a store or acted snippy and rude on the phone, the impacts of bad customer service can linger long after the experience is over. This is why it’s so important for businesses to focus on providing customer service that goes above and beyond. Learn more about why it’s so important and the benefits good customer service can bring in today’s blog, below.
Service is what sets your business apart
Let’s face it: You are probably not the only company that provides the goods or services you sell. In today’s world, the market is flooded with companies who are vying for the attention of potential customers. In this climate, having a good reputation is paramount. And especially given the prevalence of social media review sites such as Yelp and Google+ which allow any consumer a public forum to air their bad experiences, it’s more important than ever to provide service that is a cut above. American consumers often care more about the experience they will have with a company than price, so by gaining a reputation for treating your customers well, you can attract and retain more of them.
Providing good service offers many benefits, including:
- Earning customer loyalty. Customers tend to stick with companies that they like and will spend more money when they feel taken care of.
- Generating a positive reputation
- Increasing how often customers make purchases from you.
What are the features of excellent customer service?
Good customer service is about:
- It can start with a phone call. Whenever anyone answers the phone they become the Director of First Impressions. You can hear a smile on the other end of the phone.
- Treating clients with respect. Customers don’t want to feel taken advantage of or taken for granted, so it is important to provide customers with the opportunity to be heard and to respond to their concerns in a respectful manner.
- Communicate openly and honestly. It builds trust and long term customers.
- Handling returns and complaints with poise and grace.
- Making the effort to understand the wants and needs of your customers
Ready for your AHA! Moment? Call Allan Hirsh Advisors today!
At Allan Hirsh Advisors we believe in making a difference in the lives of CEOs and Business owners. We help you understand your vision – both personal and professional, discover why you are in business, work with your visions to align them with your “why”, and give you feedback on what is important and hold you accountable for your decisions. All this so you can improve your life and improve the lives of the people around you. If you are interesting in taking your business to the next level then contact Allan Hirsh Advisors to learn how we can Create AHA! Moments for you.
Tune into AHA! Business Radio Tuesdays from 6-7 pm EST on CBS Sports Radio, 1300 AM to listen to Allan Hirsh and his guests discuss all areas of business. And don’t forget to follow Allan Hirsh Advisors on Facebook and Twitter too!